I do not believe in new year resolutions. No, I don’t. Why would you wait for a particular day to start doing something you’ve wanted to do? I fail to understand that. But, to each, his own.
Poor 2016 is being quoted as the worst year of all times but honestly my year has been sweet and smooth. I have grown tremendously as a person and that for me is the biggest achievement there is. Of course twists and turns do come along and things do not go how they were supposed to sometimes (well, most of the times!) but the few things that do, make it all worthwhile.
There are a few things I learned this year (mostly the hard way);
- Working hard does pay off. No, it’s not another just another lie your parents tell you.
- Disappointing others around you, is OKAY. Your parents included.
- Dreams, no matter how ‘uncool’ that word sounds, keep you going.
- Living alone gets better as time passes.
- Old friends leave and new ones join.
- Hold on to important people. Don’t be a jerk.
- You can fall in love again.
- Being optimistic helps. Actually.
- You can get your calling even when you’re 45.
- Your dreams change. It is no big deal.
- Your ego is only a piece of crap to others.
- Grow weirder.
- The biggest sign that you’re an adult now is when you go see the doctor by yourself.
The year brought me down a number of times but I came through. We all came through. With this last story of 2016, all I wanted to say was let’s not wait. LET’S NOT WAIT. (Hoping the block letters will make a difference.)
Do enjoy the pictures me and my favourite photographer Karanvir Singh Bajwa (Einsjordan) shot in the lanes of Hauz Khas. I fell in love with myself a little more this year and so, here’s cheers to that!
We may wander alone but are we ever alone really?
<The aliens are coming>